Sat, Aug 06|
Community Mental Health Awareness Initiative: Adverse Childhood Experiences
Join us virtually as Dr. Candice talks about Adverse Childhood Experiences.
Time & Location
Aug 06, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
About the event
For the upcoming Community Mental Health Awareness Initiative, Nurture of Alabama and the Mayor's Office Divison of Youth Sevices has partnered with Candice W. Jones, MD, FAAP. She is a board-certified physician practicing as a general pediatrician in Orlando, FL. She provides a standard of care that enriches the lives of thousands of kids and parents each year. Dr. Candice, a former National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholar, is committed to the health and well-being of underserved children and adolescents in areas affected the greatest by health inequalities. She is also one of Nurture of Alabama Board Members.
Topic: Adverse Childhood Experiences.
- Define Positive and Adverse Childhood Experiences (PACEs)
- Understand the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and toxic stress on health, behavior, learning, the economy, and our community
- Share protective factors that help to prevent ACEs
- Explain strategies to heal trauma and build resilience
- Define what it means to be trauma informed